The EPE program is intermitted and no application for this study is possible anymore. The content of the websites is intended only for current students.
EPE Master course – a degree with International Focus
- Need of increased and efficient energy supply and power applications to meet the increasing energy demands of rapidly growing world population.
- Cost effective energy (T&D) solutions to compete in deregulated markets internationally.
- Enhanced and rational use of regenerative energies to tackle climatic change issues.
- Development of de-centralized power systems for effective industrial realization of fuel cell technology.
- Faster, better and cleaner technology in electrical traction vehicles and automobiles in traffic systems.
- Innovation-driven technological and material development to develop novel products or to change existing systems (e.g. application of superconductors, permanent-magnet-drives or silicon carbide power semiconductors).
Aims of the programs – Education in Tune with the Times:
- Imparting well-founded knowledge in electrical power engineering.
- Encouraging application of conceptual knowledge to come up with socially and economically reliable solutions.
- Encouraging methodology for finding best technical solutions.
- Promoting independent and innovative working methods in scientific and technical disciplines.
- Training of an abstract thinking for modelling and simulation.
- Promoting sense of teamwork.
- Research and Development: Developing new concepts in the fields of sustainable power conversion, transmission, distribution and storage.
- Developing advanced energy application and integrating Energy and Information Technology.
- Planning and operation of electrical power systems.
- Enhanced and rational use of renewable energies.
- Developing industrial applications of electric motive-power technologies.
- Developing new types of electric vehicles and electric-powered transportation systems (electric trains and automobiles).
- Integration of modern power electronics into power systems ( e.g. non-rotating converters, FACTS etc).